Email Security HIPAA Templatessubheading text here
DEKA’s policy-based Encrypted Email service features a unique set of templates designed to help businesses that operate in the health care industry simplify the compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
Using the templates, Encrypted Email subscribers are able to select from among a pre-built list of rules to determine which emails contact protected health information (PHI) and need to be encrypted.
The HIPAA templates include pre-determined compliancy code sets, keywords, and policies built from the most current industry information, including:
- Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) – American Medical Association’s CPT® codes and their descriptions are the most common form of communicating a health-related service
- International Classification of Diseases (ICD) – The most common form of communicating a disease or condition. Both 9th and 10th Clinical Modifications are included (ICD 9/10 CM)
- Health Care Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) – The common form of communicating ancillary services and supplies that are billed to third party insurers
- National Drug Codes (NDC) – the common codes for medications that are prescribed or ordered. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) mandate the format for NDC codes
- Claims Adjustment Reason Codes and Remark Codes (CARC/RARC) – the most common standards used by health insurers to describe a payment made for a service line that has been submitted on a claim
- Inpatient Fee For Service Codes (FFS) – These codes are used to designate inpatient fees incurred by a patient
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) – NPI is a unique 10-digit code number that the CMS issues to registered health care providers in the US and is used by payers such as insurance companies to issue payment to the provider
- US Social Security Numbers – Social Security Numbers have become a de facto form of national identification and historically used in health care related activities for ID purposes
- Protected Health Information (PHI) – Keywords indicating a likely inclusion of some PHI
The templates are updated quarterly to ensure the most up-to-date HIPAA information is included.
The HIPAA templates are only available from DEKA IT. They are included at no additional charge with our policy-based Encrypted Email service.